Sunday, August 16, 2009

FREE DAY 2 IN LONDON

Today was fun. We started out early again by trying to get Billy Elliot tickets, which we were able to get for tonight, front row. After we got everything set up Megan, Kylee, Ashley, Julia, Amanda, and I went to Nodinghill Gate to see Portobello road. When we got there we split into two groups and Kylee, Megan, and I went shopping. Portobello Road I was crowded and I’m sure there were plenty of pickpocket but it was so fun. I love to see all the cool things for sale. Necklaces, teacups, all sorts of antiques and even some bed knobs. It totally reminded me of Bed knobs and broomsticks. After a little while we met back up with the other girls and some of us went back to the flats to get some homework and a few other thing taken care before we had to leave for Billy Elliot. We stopped at the Hummingbird Bakery to grab some delicious cupcakes before we went back to the flats.




At 6:30 Becky and I went to get some food before we went to Billy. When we got to the theater about 7:05 we headed to our seats. They were restricted which means that we weren’t supposed to be able to see everything but they were actually really good. It was like we were right in the middle of everything. The actors (and the stage) were so close to us it was like we could reach out and touch them. Very cool. After intermission we were sitting in our seats when two of the actors came out on stage dressed in Christmas garb. One of them started talking to me and to be quite honest I couldn’t understand a word they said to me (they had very strong accents), so I just sat there and smiled because I had no idea what was going on. They play was really good (but not as good as Wicked. I don’t think anything will ever compare). It was a fun night. Tomorrow is our last free day for this week. Not much is planned but next week is action packed so keep reading. See ya’ll there.



0 comments: