Sunday, August 16, 2009

LONDON DAY 5

Today was another early morning but this time we got to sleep in a little bit and therefore we were a bit more attentive. Anyways today we visited Cambridge College. When we got to Cambridge we had a little bit of free time so Kylee, Megan, and I did a bit of window shopping and then headed back to meet the rest of the group.

At this point we were all split into two different groups for our tours. Our tour guide was so cute and you could tell that she loved the college and that she was excited to share its history with us. The first place my group went to was Kings College Chapel. This building was so incredible but the most amazing part to me was the fan-vaulted ceiling. After the chapel we walked to All Saints Church. It was fun to walk through the campus a little bit. The Church was very old and very beautiful.




Once the first half of our tours were over we went back to “The Eagle Pub” for a lunch break. Ashley, Megan, Kylee and I ate in the courtyard where I had the best “fish and Chips” and then the most amazing dessert called the Sharer or something like that. It was amazing. Once we were all done with lunch we had a little bit of time to ourselves so we walked through the marketplace. It was great.






We had to rush to our second part of the tour at the Fitzwilliam Museum. I don’t know why but I had a really hard time concentrating. We weren’t allowed to take pictures so I don’t really remember much. By the end I was ready to be done for the day. Our group had a “punting” appointment and because I didn’t really know what punting was I wasn’t too excited.

BUT!!! Once we got there I knew I would have lots of fun. Punting is kind of like going on a Gondola ride only the boats are a little more crude and can fit more people into them. The ride was so much fun and our punter Orlando was great. He showed us a bunch of place were scenes from Harry Potter are filmed and he knew a lot about the college even though he attended the rival college Oxford. It was a great way to end the day.




By the time we got back to London it was late but we had one more stop to make. We were at Kings Cross Station and being the Harry Potter geeks we are we had to go to platform, 9 ¾, nine and three quarters. We looked like to freaks but hey it was fun. Tomorrow is our first free day in London. Sadly I'm not going to Spain anymore but whatever we do I’m sure will be fun.



0 comments: