Tuesday, August 4, 2009

PARIS DAY 4

What an interesting day... ok well the last little bit of it anyway. Today we visited villa Savoy. This is the house that was built by Le Corbusier. Based on his five principles of architecture the house is supposed to be perfect. The house is very modern and definitely follows the saying less is more. Like I said with the Pompidou the modern style isn’t my favorite but I really did love Villa Savoy. It is simple but open and airy and just calming.







After Villa Savoy we went Kong for lunch, which was designed by Phillipe Stark. It was so expensive but it was good. Then we went to Notre Dame to try and make it in time to climb the tower. We didn’t get there in time to do the bell tower but we did walk through it. Notre Dame is so beautiful and it’s probably one of my most favorite buildings I have seen on this trip.




Because we didn’t get to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower last night we wanted to try for tonight but first we had to make one last stop at the Musee de Orsay. It was cool but we have seen so many museums that it’s all kind of a blur and I’m kind of getting burnt out from all the museums. Better get over it thought because there are more to come.
We made it to The Eiffel Tower and got half way up when in the distance you could see lightning and thunderclouds coming in. Paris is way pretty at night and we got some cool pictures of the lightning. It started to rain a little bit and we were just enjoying the weather… Then all of the sudden it turned into a full blown lightning, rain, thunderstorm. They wouldn’t let us go up to the top (for obvious reasons) but they couldn’t get us down either… WE WERE TRAPT ON THE SECOND FLOOR OF THE EIFFEL TOWER. I am not going to lie to you… I was having so much fun. Of course it was scary but it was way fun at the same time. We finally got down and we just decided that we weren’t meant to go up to the top on this trip because no matter how hard we tried we just couldn’t get there… I guess that will just have to wait till next trip too. What an adventure, definitely one I will never forget.
Tomorrow is going to be fabulous. We are going to Versailles. Man in the Iron mask here I come. I’m super excited. Laters everyone.

0 comments: