Tuesday, August 4, 2009

PARIS DAY 3

My feet hurt soooo bad because today was a day of walking... lots and lots of walking. Our day started off at the Pompidou. I have to say that I love this building. Its four stories of modern art which are really cool exhibits... but to me the best piece of art work is the building itself. The building was built so that the interior "skeleton" would be on the outside and the outside would be on the inside. So basically the inside is pretty bare (except for the art work of course) and the outside is industrial looking and very... well modern. Im not a huge fan of modern art but this building is one of my favorites. It houses pieces of art done by some of the greatest modern artist of all time. Picaso, Jackson Pollock, and so many others. It never seems like we have enough time. I wish that I could have seen more.







After we had a small bite to eat and then we all headed over to the famous Louvre Museum. 14 miles of pure magic. Haha I know I sound way cheesey but it truley was amazing. The Mona Lisa is small and really dont think it was that spectacular (maybe because I have seen copies so many times)... but its something everyone should see at least once in their life time. Once again we never seem to have enough time. We basically ran through most of the museum in about 4 hours but it was all so fast that I dont remember much. They say that if you were to stand in front of every single painting, artifact, sculpture, etc for only 30 seconds (or something close to that)... it would take you two weeks to get through the palace. PEOPLE THIS BUILDING IS HUGE!!! And there is so much to see.





After a while we were so hungry that we desperately needed to get out of there because we could barely stand, we were so out of energy. Megan took us to a great little crepery she knew of and it was so delicios. I had a "total crepe" which was absolutely delicious. It had egg, sausage, mushrooms, and bacon. Mmmm!

After dinner we went to the Arch De Triumph. MORE STAIRS... but I loved the views of the Eiffel tower. My camera doesnt do them justice. We tried to make it to the Eiffel tower before it closed but the lines were so long that it just wasnt going to happen. We will just have to try tomorrow if our day isnt too busy... haha.

0 comments: