Thursday, August 20, 2009

LONDON DAY 9

I had so much fun today. First on our itinerary was Wilton House. I have wanted to visit this house since I saw Pride and Prejudice. Wilton House is one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. We weren’t allowed to take pictures inside but it was so amazing. I wish I could explain it but it’s hard to remember every detail. The ceilings were painted with incredible stories of gods and goddesses. The famous carver Inigo Jones carved all the borders and walls with very intricate detail. Our tour guide was so fun to listen to. She was very passionate about the house and she told us all the current Earl of Pembroke was “rather dishy”. She was a riot.


The gardens were also very beautiful. She took us out to the Palladian bride even thought it was closed to the public and we got a “special” opportunity to see and take pictures on the bridge. The rest of the property was just as amazing. There was a fun little park meant for children visitor and we had so much fun playing on it. Wilton house was so much fun I wish that we could have had more time to explore.






After we were done at Wilton House we went to Salisbury to tour the cathedral. It was really cool to see it because it is one of the oldest ones still standing and has the oldest freestanding spiral in the British Isles. We have climbed every dome and tower in Europe but I can honestly say I haven’t been scared till we climbed the spiral. I don’t know why but it made me really nervous. Maybe it was because our tour guide paced back and forth the whole time or that the cathedral is really old… who knows. I was just really nervous. But once again the views were spectacular.









Our last stop of the day was Stonehenge. It was so cool. There’s not much to it but its something everyone should see. Well it has been a busy day but like I said before it was so fun. Tomorrow we go to Oxford and Blenheim Palace. Laterz



0 comments: